The attorneys at HaukOwens, LLC have practical experience serving the needs of the agriculture sector. Our agricultural clients often have complex concerns and needs that span across multiple legal practice areas. Our team approach ensures our clients receive the benefit of the collective knowledge of the entire firm which includes attorneys with personal farm ownership and operational experience. We take great pride in assisting the agricultural community.
We provide a broad range of services related to the legal issues facing agri-businesses and accept clients in the following agricultural-related areas:
- Corporate – business acquisitions and financing; entity formation and organization; contract matters;
- Real Estate – sales/acquisitions, solar/wind farm leases, auctions, facility construction and management; pipeline/gas leases;
- Litigation – personal injury defense; contract disputes, dissolution of farm business entities;
- Leasing – drafting and negotiation of farm, pasture, grain storage, and hunting leases;
- Centennial Farm Certification;
- Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) contracts, CREP, environmenal mitigation matters;
- Drainage disputes (including USACE federal waterway issues and violations);
- Herbicide and pesticide overspray and misapplication matters;
- Estate Planning – succession planning; federal and state tax planning; property management;
Our relationship with TL Title, LLC allows us to complete entire real estate transactions for our clients interested in selling real estate.